(Why does this Insta filter always make my lipstick look so weird?)
Happy Selfie Sunday! I turned 24 this past week, so I thought it would be kinda fun to do a quick fun facts about me to celebrate. I quickly realized there aren’t that many interesting things about me, though, so I probably should have titled this 24 Mildly Entertaining Facts About Me instead.
But I didn’t! So here are 24 fun facts about me that you didn’t ask for, but are getting anyway!
- I’m left handed, but also do weirdly a lot with my right hand. Like I write and eat left handed, but I throw, bowl, golf and a whole slew of other things right handed.
- I have memorized practically every episode of FRIENDS. It’s kind of a requirement in my family. Otherwise you’ll be real confused on holidays.
- I’m 3rd generation (25%) Sicilian on my Dad’s side. Unfortunately none of the culture really stuck, which really bums me out. The Catholic bit stayed around, but I’m an atheist so…
- I studied abroad for 4 weeks in Turkey when I was in uni and I desperately want to go back some day.
- My patronus is a fox no matter what that bullshit quiz says.
- The Book Thief is one of my favorites books of all time and I’m afraid to re-read it because what if it’s not as amazing as I remember it?
- I used to run and swim competitively, which is kind of a depressing fact because nowadays I really suck at both. I’m trying to get back into running, though. Running a marathon is on my 30 before 30 list.
- I played flute and alto sax in high school.
- I played Quidditch for 1 semester in college as a Beater.
- My dream life would be to be able to work from my laptop so I could travel full time, moving from country to country every few months.
- My boyfriend Joe and I have been together almost 7 and a half years. He’s currently laying next to me playing Zelda and doing a really terrible job of helping me come up with fun facts.
- I can sing (almost) all of Again by Yui in the original Japanese. It’s the first opening to FMA: Brotherhood, one of the greatest anime opening of all time.
- Do people still know I’m a huge anime nerd? I haven’t talked about that in awhile. Fun fact: I’m a huge anime nerd. If you’re not into anime, but want to know what all the fuss is about you should start here.
- I took 3 semesters of Japanese in college. It didn’t go especially well, but I passed. I can sorta kinda still read hirigana, but I never got good at kanji.
- Time gives me really bad anxiety. I’m always acutely aware of how much time I’m losing driving to and from places, for example. And I’m perpetually late to everything because I try to squeeze every second out of everything I’m doing. I haven’t been able to find a name for this type of anxiety, but it has a serious impact on my daily life.
- I prefer television to movies. This is partially because of my anxiety about time–it’s really hard for me to sit down *knowing* this thing I’m about to watch is going to take 2+ hours out of my day. Obviously binging tv does the same thing, but it doesn’t make me anxious the same way because in theory I could stop after 1 episode.
- I’m writing an NA fantasy novel tentatively titled Courting Shadows. I’m pretty excited about it and periodically share updates on my Instagram stories.
- I’m terrified of snakes. This is not an invitation to send me pictures of snakes for lols. I will literally have a full blown panic attack–it’s a whole thing. Which is really unfortunate because I love hiking? But once I remember snakes exist I really start to panic and it ruins the whole thing.
- I have an English degree and yet have read very few of the typical “classics.” (But let’s be real, the English canon is mostly white male colonialist bs anyway.)
- I also have a History degree. I’m a Humanities Nerd™
- I have Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time practically memorized. Dump the manual and just invite me over; I’m just as useful and way more fun.
- I worked as a writing consultant for 4 years at my university and I loved it so much. I would so love to be an editor for a publishing house some day. I love working with writer to tell their stories and I really miss having the opportunity to do it every day.
- I’m a textbook Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) and I don’t love it.
- I really want to dye my hair fun colors and get tattoos, but I’m too afraid to do it. I’m getting more and more antsy about it lately though, so who knows.
I hope some of those qualified as fun facts. Do I seem like a more or less interesting person after reading this post, I wonder? You’ll have to let me know, haha. And why not tell me a fun fact or 2 about yourself as well!